Trimming your hair actually encourages hair growth. It may sound counter-intuitive, but the appearance of broken and split-ends not only damages the look and feel of your hair, but it also contributes to the appearance of shorter hair and thinner ends. Freshly cut ends also help to de-tangle your hair!
What are the benefits of trimming your hair?
Benefits of hair trimming
- Hair trimming helps remove nasty-looking split ends.
- It promotes healthy hair growth.
- It helps with hair breakage.
- The process helps remove damaged hair.
- Makes styling much easier as rough ends are eliminated.
- It will make your hair look much thicker and healthier right from the root to the tip.
Trimming between a quarter to half an inch off the hair every 12 weeks if growing it out. Doing it more often won't make your hair grow any quicker. Strands only grow approximately a half inch every month.
Why do trims help hair grow?
Cutting your hair makes it grow healthier because it removes the hair that would split. The hair at the root is able to grow and you're able to maintain length and avoid splitting. The key ingredient to look out for is Biotin, which supports hair, nail and skin health - and more specifically boosts hair growth no end.
What happens if you don't cut your hair for 6 months?
Leave a comment