Trimming your hair actually encourages hair growth. It may sound counter-intuitive, but the appearance of broken and split-ends not only damages the look and feel of your hair, but it also contributes to the appearance of shorter hair and thinner ends. Freshly cut ends also help to de-tangle your hair!
- Hair trimming helps remove nasty-looking split ends.
- It promotes healthy hair growth.
- It helps with hair breakage.
- The process helps remove damaged hair.
- Makes styling much easier as rough ends are eliminated.
- It will make your hair look much thicker and healthier right from the root to the tip.
Trimming between a quarter to half an inch off the hair every 12 weeks if growing it out. Doing it more often won't make your hair grow any quicker. Strands only grow approximately a half inch every month.