When you hit a rough patch with your skin, a body scrub can be just what you need to revive any dullness. Body scrubs contain exfoliating ingredients that have a texture you can feel, such as sugar or salt. By clearing away the dead cells that make skin look rough and textured, body scrubs help soften and brighten your skin. Here are some recipes easy to make at home.
- Himalayan Salt Body Scrub - Place 1 cup of fine Himalayan salt in a bowl. Measure out 1/2 cup of olive oil, or your favourite natural oil. Add oil by the spoonful until you achieve a consistency you like. You can also add a few drops of essential oil for scent.
- Coconut Sugar Oatmeal Body Scrub - Melt 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a pot or bowl, or use your favourite oil at room temperature. Combine with 1/2 cup of white or brown sugar. Stir in one quarter cup of raw oats. Use the scrub within a day before the oats become too soft.
- Avocado Honey Body Scrub - Mash 1/2 whole avocado, 3 teaspoons of honey, and 2 tablespoons of cornmeal in a bowl. Gently massage the scrub onto damp skin. Rinse off with warm water.
- Clay Milk Almond Body Scrub - In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup of bentonite clay, 1/2 cup of almond meal, and 2 tablespoons of whole powdered milk. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water, and enough almond oil to form a paste. Spread over skin and allow to dry before rinsing off with warm water.
- Coconut Brown Sugar Body Scrub - Combine 1 cup of brown sugar with 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil. Massage onto rough patches of skin and then rinse with warm water. As with all body scrubs, apply moisturizer after.
Leave a comment